Tram On Rails - 154 pieces (Medium)
click to enlarge
The first mechanical model from the new Mechanical Town Series. Every town has its transportation system and the Mechanical Town has its Tram Line. A model which you can build with your own hands, play and create your own stories with people living in the town.
The new model is interactive and is made entirely of wooden materials. It’s great for your hobby & collection. Each part has a unique design and fascinating engineering. The UGEARS’ Tram Line model doesn’t need glue or special tools or even toothpicks to connect parts, which makes putting it together even more exciting. The fully assembled model retains moving parts and elements and remains entertaining and educational for family projects.
Tram Line model consists of 14 parts, which come in a convenient scale for building and playing with.
• The self-propelled Tram Car is equipped with an overhead pantograph to switch “drive” mode and a knob to open and close the doors. Wind-up the tram car and watch it move on the rails, entering the Depot. After making a 180 degree turn on the turntable, it moves on its own to the end of the line. There is no electricity inside: just gears, wheels, cranks, a rubber band engine and tons of fun!
• Tram Stop on the platform complete with a clock, a bench, little stairs and a Ticket Kiosk. The stairs are removable and can be placed on any part of the platform
• Tram Depot with a gate and Turntable where the tram drives in to prepare for the next trip according to the route timetable. The depot is also equipped with a Turntable for turning the tram 180 degrees for the next trip. There is a special “tongue” on the rails of the turntable which stops the tram in the locked position, and disengages after the turn of the turntable allowing the tram to move on to the return route.
• Footbridge – the pedestrian crossing - is made in the shape of arches and set across the tracks. It can also be set at a crossroads, and cars can pass under the arches.
• Straight tracks with junctions
• Radius tracks with junctions
• Street Lamps
• A Gentleman: VIP of the Mechanical Town. A manufacturer, millionaire, philanthropist, media darling and hero of gossip....or a person from your own story
• A Young inventor who reads a newspaper sitting on a bench...or a spy, an agent ..... your option ..in your own story
• A beautiful Stranger with a little dog.....or a pretty woman in your own story
• An ice-cream seller hiding from the heat under an umbrella.... or another pretty girl in your own story
• A policeman (sheriff ) on a horse....or a handsome cowboy in your own story
• Factory Worker
The cutting is well done; each of the parts comes out of the plywood sheets easily. No glue and special tools are needed for putting the model together. You can assemble it at home on the table. Fits together like a puzzle without glue or special tools thanks to Ugears’ patented plywood joints.