1/10 The Hornet Black Metallic
- Finished polycarbonate body and wing have metallic plating applied, and are pre-cut.
- The model features black plastic wheels.
- Independent swing axle front suspension utilizes friction dampers.
- Rolling rigid axle rear suspension is fitted with oil filled dampers.
- Sealed rear gearbox protects diff gear during off-road running.
- Stickers included.
- Note that this model requires a receiver with an antenna cable, as the radio signals will be interfered with by the metallic body if using a receiver with a built-in antenna.
- Includes TBLE-02s ESC (electronic speed control) capable of running brushed and brushless motors.
This is Limited Edition release of the Hornet, which comes with a black metallic body. This model marks 30 years since the release of the venerable original.
You will need...
2-channel radio gear
7.2 battery & charger
This is the radio controlled, electric powered, 1/10 scale Tamiya Hornet Off Road Racer with Limited Edition Body with Black Metallic Finish. FEATURES: Chassis: Molded from A.B.S. resin, bathtub style, plastic side bumpers Drive: Rear wheel drive Body: Molded and pretrimmed polycarbonate with limited edition black metallic finish to commemorate thirty years since the release of the original Electronic Speed Control: Tamiya TBLE-02S, set for use with included brushed motor, may also be used with the Tamiya brushless motor 01 sensored series Motor: Mabuchi RS540SH (bushing/sealed endbell) Plastic bushings Shocks: Coil-over friction in front and aluminum body oil-filled in the rear Gearbox: Sealed rear gearbox Differentials: Bevel gear Transmission: Single speed Tires: 1.4" spiked on the rear and 1.4" ribbed on the front Wheels: 5-spoke, 3-piece black plastic wheels Bumpers: Large black plastic tube type front bumper Suspension: Independent front A-arm and rear rolling rigid axle Camber Tie Rods: Fixed non-adjustable Steering Tie Rods: Adjustable Steering: Two steering rods attach to the servo saver and knuckle arm servo saver included INCLUDES: Hornet rolling chassis with rear oil-filled shocks, 540 motor, Electronic Speed Control, body, tires, 3-piece wheels, 19 tooth 32 pitch pinion gear, 50 tooth counter gear, decal sheet and instruction manual _REQUIRES: Radio: 2-Channel with steering servo Radio Batteries: AA size Battery: 6-cell stick pack w/standard connector (7-cell won't fit) Charger: AC/DC Timed or Peak for 6-cell battery Misc. Items: Building and track equipment SPECS: VEHICLE- Length: 15.74" (400mm) Width: 9.05" (230mm) Height: 5.90" (150mm) Weight: 1.92lbs (874g)(approx.) Tires- Front: 1.4" ID - 2.85" OD - .80" wide Rear: 1.4" ID - 3.75" OD - 1.75" wide BODY- Length: 13" (330mm) Width: 5.5" (139mm) at rear wheels (widest point) 2.25" (57mm) behind from wheels (thinnest point) Height: 2.8" (72mm) COMMENTS: To upgrade to Ball Bearings use: Qty. Size Location Qty. Bearing Set Qty. 1 5x8mm Counter Gear 1 DTXC1523 5 5x11mm Gearbox 3 DTXC1547 4 5x11mm Front Wheels 2 DTXC1547 jxs 09/08/14 ir/jxs