1/12 Toyota Tom's 84C (RM-01)
click to enlarge
- 1/12 scale ready to assemble electric powered R/C model racing kit.
- Features a 2.5mm thick black-colored FRP lower deck, a height-adjustable resin gear case with type 380 motor. (540 motor may be used when removing stock motor plate)
- Pivot-Ball Link Rear (PBLR) suspension system features a center pivot ball, a pitch damper to temper chassis pitch, and a roll damper and side links to control chassis roll. Roll springs can be additionally installed to the side link pivots for more advan
- Aluminum diff housing allows ball differential adjustment without detaching rear wheel.
- Steel rear axle.
- Attachment of both hex-hub-secured and 3-screw-secured wheels are possible with the RM-01 chassis.
- Front independent suspension features optimized kingpin trail.
- Use Item 55105 Tamiya LF Battery LF1100-6.6V Racing Pack (M-Size) as the power source. (NOT AVAILABLE IN THE USA MARKET) Installation of square-shaped battery packs is also possible using glass tape (sold separately). Example: 1S hard case battery packs.
- Sticker sheet to depict the livery and a driver torso included.
Tamiya has created the brand-new RM-01 chassis in response to the 1/12 scale racing resurgence around the world. This new chassis features a Direct Drive 2WD setup and a pivot-ball link rear (PBLR) suspension to offer linear throttle and steering response and realistic racing action. Tamiya's 1985 release of the Toyota Tom's 84C is the first body that is outfitted for the RM-01 chassis.
Scale : 1/12
Construction type : assembly kit
Terrain use : on-road
Drive-train : 2WD
Drive type : shaft
Drive line : solid axle
Differential type : ball pressure plate
Suspension : independent front/solid axle rear
Steering mechanism : direct servo
Shock damper : friction damper
Shock damper material : plastic
Tire type : foam
Body material : Clear Polycarbonate
Chassis material : FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic)
Electronic Speed Control (ESC) : not included
LED Light buckets : no
LED lights : no
Motor : 380-brushed type
Bearings : shielded ball bearing
Adjustable camber : fixed
Adjustable toe angles : front only
Adjustable ground clearance : yes
Adjustable gear ratio : yes
Adjustable wheelbase : fixed
Adjustable track width : fixed
Adjustable shock angle : fixed
Special feature 1 : 1/12 scale ready to assemble electric powered R/C model racing kit
Special feature 2 : Included Polycarbonate body faithfully reproduces the Toyota Tom's 84C
Special feature 3 : Sticker sheet to depict the livery and a driver torso included
Special feature 4 : Features a 2.5mm thick black-colored FRP lower deck, a height-adjustable resin gear case with type 380 motor. (540 motor may be used when removing stock motor plate)
Special feature 5 : Pivot-Ball Link Rear (PBLR) suspension system features a center pivot ball, a pitch damper to temper chassis pitch, and a roll damper and side links to control chassis roll. Roll springs can be additionally installed to the side link pivots for more advanced suspension settings
Special feature 6 : Aluminum diff housing allows ball differential adjustment without detaching rear wheel
Special feature 7 : Steel rear axle
Special feature 8 : Attachment of either hex-hub-secured OR 3-screw-secured wheels are possible with the RM-01 chassis
Special feature 9 : Front independent suspension features optimized kingpin trail
Requires A : 7.2 battery & charger
Requires B : 2-channel radio gear
Requires C : polycarbonate paint
Requires D : electronic speed control
This is the electric powered, radio controlled, 1/12 scale Toyota Tom's 84C on-Road Race Car Kit. FEATURES: Chassis: 0.098" (2.5mm) thick FRP lower deck Drive: Rear wheel direct, steel rear axle Motor: 380 size brushed (540 motor, not included, can be installed with the removal of motor plate adapter) Front Suspension: Independent design with optimized kingpin trail for increased stability Rear Suspension: Pivot-Ball Link Rear (PBLR) with center pivot ball pitch damper to control chassis pitch, roll damper and side links to control chassis roll Differential: Ball type Wheels: White plastic 1.4" (36.2mm) diameter, front 0.94" (24mm) wide rear, 1.4" (35.5mm) wide, hex hub type and 3-screw wheels can be used with this chassis Tires: High grip sponge design 1.9 (47.5mm) outer diameter, front 0.98" (25mm) wide, rear 1.2" (32mm) wide Body: Clear untrimmed polycarbonate plastic with white plastic helmeted driver head Spur Gear: Plastic 63T 06 module INCLUDES: Toyota Tom's 84C on-Road Race Car Kit, Tires, Wheels, Body, Decals 14T Pinion Gear and Instruction Manual REQUIRES: Radio: 2-channel with standard size steering servo Battery: 2S 7.4V LiPo (#55105 6.6V LiFe battery recommended by Tamiya not available in USA) ESC: Compatible with included motor Battery Charger: LiPo compatible Polycarbonate safe spray or brush on paint Building and track equipment SPECS: Vehicle Wheelbase: 7.9" (201mm) Body; Length: 13.75" (349mm) Width: 6.5" (165mm) Height: 2.8" (71mm) COMMENTS: To replace Ball Bearings use: Qty. Size Location Qty. Bearing Set 1 6x12mm Ball Diff 1 DTXC1569 1 6x10mm Ball Diff 1 DTXC1561 1 5x11mm Ball Diff 1 DTXC1547 2 6x10mm Rear Wheels 1 DTXC1561 4 5x11mm Front Wheels 1 DTXC1547 jxs 01/05/12 ir/jxs