1/10 Hotshot Off-Road Buggy
click to enlarge
- High-quality 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit of the improved Hotshot off-road buggy.
- Redesigned chassis features 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with unique front and rear mono-shocks.
- Diaphragm-type oil dampers provide stable off-road driving performance.
- New propeller shaft features dog bone type linkage to optimize power transmission efficiency.
- Buggy body with large rear wing remains faithful to the original styling.
- Aluminum heat sink helps keep the motor cool and is also an eye-catching chassis highlight.
- Triangular wheel hubs further enhance the buggy's unique look.
- ESC (TEU-101BK) and Type 540 motor included.
- Wide range of Option Parts available to customize the look and performance of your machine.
Fans around the world have been clamoring for more re-releases of classic Tamiya R/C cars and Tamiya has indeed been listening. The eye-catching Hotshot 4WD buggy, which was originally released in the 1980's and helped popularize the R/C hobby, now makes a return with it's timeless body shape matched with updated improvements to let both old and new R/C fans enjoy exciting off-road action.
This is the 1/10 scale electric powered, radio controlled, re-release of the 1985 Tamiya Hotshot Off-Road Buggy Kit. FEATURES: Chassis: Monocoque ABS Resin Drive: Four wheel shaft drive with dogbone type linkage Motor: Type 540 with aluminum heat sink and connectors Electronic Speed Control: Tamiya TEU-104BK w/reverse Shocks: Front and rear mono type horizontally mounted Gearboxes: Sealed Differentials: Planetary gear Transmission: Single-speed Tires: Spike, Front 3" (77mm) diameter, 1.1" (28.5mm) wide Rear 3" (77mm) diameter, 1.4" (37mm) wide Wheels: Nylon resin, White in color Front 1" (25.4mm) wide, 2" (51mm) diameter Rear 1.3" (33mm) wide, 2" (51mm) diameter Bumpers: Front plastic Suspension: Four wheel double wishbone Camber Tie Rods: Non-adjustable Steering Tie Rods: Adjustable Steering: Bell crank type with servo saver INCLUDES: Tamiya Hotshot buggy with two shocks, 540 motor, heat sink Electronic Speed Control, body, tires, wheels, 13 and 15 tooth tooth pinion gears, spur gear, instructions and decal sheet _REQUIRES: Radio: 2-Channel with 1 Servo for Steering Radio Batteries: (8) AA size Battery: 6-cell w/standard connector Charger: AC/DC Timed or Peak for 6-cell battery Paint: Polycarbonate safe spray or brush-on Misc. Items: Building and track equipment SPECS: VEHICLE- Length: 15.3" (390mm) Width: 9.2" (235mm) Height: 5.9" (150mm) Weight: 2.8lbs (1270g) approximately Gear Ratio: 10.43:1 with 13T pinion gear 8.704:1 with 15T pinion gear BODY- Length: 8.7" (220mm) Width: 3.7" (95mm) at rear wheels (widest point) 3.1" (80mm) at front wheels (thinnest point) Height: 2.3" (59mm) COMMENTS: For Replacement Ball Bearings use: Qty. Size Location Qty. Bearing Set 1 5x11mm Rear Gear Assembly 1 DTXC1547 1 5x8mm Rear Gear Assembly 1 DTXC1523 Body pictured on the box is painted Red with decals applied jxs 5/23/06 ir/jxs