1/16 RC Super Sherman Tank Kit Full Options
click to enlarge
- 1/16 R/C assembly kit of the Super Sherman.
- Includes DMD Control Unit (T-08) and DMD Multi-Function Unit (MF-07) which enable turret rotation, gun elevation/depression, and realistic sound and vibration actions.
- Exciting sound effects accompany engine operations, turret rotation, gun barrel elevation and depression.
- Metal parts such as lower hull, suspension arms, and drive sprockets included.
- Aluminum gun barrel.
- The gun barrel features recoil effects.
- Front-mounted, pre-assembled gearboxes with type 380 motors.
- Requires 4-channel transmitter with self-neutral function (Futaba Attack T4VWD is recommended), battery pack, and eight AA batteries for transmitter.
- Install separately available Battle System (Item 53447) to enjoy 1 vs 1 or team tank battles with other Tamiya 1/16 R/C tanks.
During the 1960's, the Israeli Ordnance Corps upgraded their aging Sherman Tanks by equipping it with the powerful French 105mm CN-105-F1 tank gun. The gun barrel length was shortened by 1.5m to improve overall greater balance and a muzzle brake was also fitted to minimize the recoil effect. In 1967, during the Six-Day War, the Super Sherman found itself fighting against newer T-54/55 tanks as well as JS-3 tanks from Egyptian, Iraqi, and Syrian armies. The M-51's 105mm gun could take on these adversaries by using HEAT ammunition. After the war, these M-51 Super Shermans continued to serve with distinction until they were finally retired in the early 1980s.