Katana MD ARF - Yellow
click to enlarge
- Two-piece removable wings
- All new FiberFusion® technology
- Largest wing area and lightest model in its category (=lowest wing loading)
- State of the art laser cut light ply, balsa and carbon fiber construction
- 3 metallic color schemes to choose from with carbon fiber trimming (yes this is not BLACK.. it is carbon!)
- Top quality hardware kit included in the kit (including Kevlar prefabricated pull pull system with CF double servo arms)
- Free deflection gauge and wing bolts spanner are included with each kit!
With over 18 months invested in the design, the Katana MD™ is the first model to be built using the new and revolutionary building technique – PA FiberFusion®.
FiberFusion® is a method of combining carbon fiber, balsa and ply in a way never seen before, utilizing the strengths of the fibers within each raw material, with the end result being lighter, stronger, more rigid aircraft that fly like nothing else!
For maximum aerodynamics, the aileron design and construction in this model is exceptional, made in such a way that the hinge gap is completely sealed. This is quite complex to produce: the ailerons fit into the wing trailing edge tunnels and are glued and aligned in the factory. Despite the laborious production of this design we decided to produce the ailerons this way, as it allows perfect aerodynamic flow over the airfoil and results in maximum efficiency of the control surfaces.
Needless to say, the Katana MD™ is built using finest grade material, all cut by state-of-the-art laser and CNC machines. As any other PA model here too the two wings are removable with a CF wing tube and a CF sleeve which make the Katana MD™ a compact, durable, and easily transportable model.
The Katana MD™ is not an enlarged version of the Katana Mini. Rather it is a new aerodynamic design with the strengths of the Katana Mini incorporated in it along with many new features. The combination of the design and the innovative construction technology grants an outstanding model, which will simply out do other planes in the same size category.
The Katana MD™ is a freestyle machine. It is designed for advanced and professional pilots, not for a beginner. In the hands of a professional pilot the Katana MD™ will perform miracles. If you feel that you have graduated from the Katana Mini, this is the plane for you. If you want to practice your IMAC sequence the Katana MD™ is your best choice - its flight characteristics are very similar to a giant scale. And if you want to practice your 3D maneuvers - simply slide the battery aft to the recommended CG and you’ve got it made.
So how does it fly? Solid elevators that will knock you down (put it this way, push full down elevator in inverted flight and you can take a nap). Stunning knife edges with close to zero coupling (only one click of rolling coupling with zero pitch coupling). Due to its super-light weight, exceptionally low wing loading and the design factors this plane is a serious floater. Harriers and elevators with a few clicks of throttle are hands off.
This ARF redefines the word QUALITY through and through, from the design to the construction, the hardware and the level of finish. The attention to detail is second to none.
- Pre installed and sealed ailerons (just install your servos!)
- Pre installed CF wing anti rotation pins
- Fiberglass pre cut cowling reinforced with carbon fiber. No cutting is required! The cowling aerodynamic design (intakes, outlet), clever motor box design and two large air scoops allow airflow to efficiently cool the motor, battery and ESC.
- Pre-fabricated tinted canopy and hatch is one unit attached to the model with
- very strong magnets. No canopy trimming or gluing is required!
- Include a high quality pre-fabricated Kevlar pull pull system ready for installation!
- Pre drilled stiff carbon fiber landing gear and pre-installed blind nuts in the
- fuselage allow a quick undercarriage installation.
- Pre glued motor box with the correct thrust line already built in.
- CNC machined pre cut firewall. Simply bolt your motor on!
- Pre cut fiberglass wheel pants with ply mounting plate (pre-installed in the mold) (carbon fiber wheel pants are available)
Carbon fiber features
- CF FiberFusion® construction throughout the model
- CF pushrods
- CF wing tube
- CF leading edge
- CF firewall lockers
- CF quality landing gear
- CF CNC machined battery tray
- CF cowling mounting lugs
- CF CNC machined control horns
- CF reinforced fiberglass cowling
- CF wing and fuselage sleeve/spar
- CF aileron servos mounting plate
- CF CNC machined pull pull servo tray
- CF anti-rotation wing pins (pre installed)
- CF CNC machined double pull pull servo arm
- CF CNC machined pull pull rudder control horn
- CF elevator trailing edge reinforcement (pre installed)