T50 Power System - Thrust 50/Quantum 70A/Prop A
click to enlarge
But only from... PRECISION AEROBATICS
All items from... PRECISION AEROBATICS
- ThrustÂ® 50 Motor with RotorKoolÂ® technology
- Quantum brushless ESC 70A
- Pre-soldered bullet connectors
- CNC Machined Precision Aerobatics prop adapter (made for PA in Germany)
The Thrust® 50 incorporates a new curved Rotokool® impeller design which is extremely complex to produce. PA has gone the extra mile to incorporate this feature for the larger Thrust motors (Thrust 40, and 50) in order to further increase the cooling efficiency so as to handle larger props and smaller capacity lipo packs. This makes the power setup one of the most economical and practical approaches for driving larger models.
Outside Diameter: 41.7mm/1.64”
Weight: 279gr / 9.84oz
Motor Shaft Dia.: 5.0mm
Mounting Bolts Dia.: M3
KV rpm/V: 487
Here are the recommended matched props for the Extra MX using Thrust 50 motor:
Prop selection with 2xPA2200mah 20C-40C V2 Packs (6s)
VOX 15X7 - Perfect match to the Thrust® 50! Excellent higher range propeller for 3D, freestyle aerobatics and pattern flying. Great balance of thrust and speed that allows a wider performance envelope for aggressive flying. Double check the integrity of your plane’s motor box to ensure it can withstand the increased loads. This is THE prop for the Extra MX especially for low and slow 3D. Even though it draws much lower amps than the APC 15x7E it produces a similar whopping 10.55lb of thrust!! This clearly demonstrates the efficiency and advantage of the VOX over the APC! Adequate airflow to cool down the motor and ESC is mandatory, as well as strict throttle management (using full power only on vertical climbs due to its tremendous thrust).
A note about the Extra MX performance with this prop - Great speed, faster rolling rate, nasty tumbles and waterfalls with a very nice prop sound. It draws more amp than the VOX 14x7 but with the MX efficient design and lightweight it provides similar flight duration as less throttle is needed to fly the plane. Excellent ailerons authority allows more stable and controlled hovering, TR and harriers.
NOTE: Adequate airflow to cool down the motor and ESC is mandatory, as well as strict throttle management. Not recommended for the Extra MX.
Continuous current: 70A
Burst Current (<10s): 80A
SBEC Output (Peak Loads 10sec): 5.5V/4A (max)
Li-ion/ LiPo: 2-6 Cells
NiMh/NiCd: 5-18 Cells
Note: The PA Quantum 70A SBEC has a 4A switching power regulator chip which supports the high torque micro servos in the most demanding load-conditions imposed during aggressive 3D aerobatics, providing bulletproof reliability. In this form of flying the servos actuating oversized control surfaces and may stall momentarily under extreme aerodynamic loads. These loads may cause most low and medium power BECs to overheat and shutdown resulting in catastrophic loss of control.
The PA Quantum ESC’s high power SBEC has been specifically designed for extreme aerobatics and therefore has the capability to support the higher momentary peak loads to eliminate the possibility of unwanted shutdowns. This high power SBEC is also capable of supporting continuous simultaneous multiple servo operations typically found in CCPM equipped hardcore 3D E-helicopters.
The higher and stable SBEC voltage also reduces the possibility of receiver brownouts that occasionally occur on some 2.4GHz receivers in instances when conventional linear BECs are subjected to high servo loads causing the BEC voltage to drop below the voltage threshold required by the 2.4GHz receiver.
Quantum 70 Features:
- Extremely low internal resistance
- Super smooth and accurate throttle linearity
- Safety thermal over-load protection
- Auto throttle shut down in signal lose situation
- Supports high RPM motors
- Power arming protection (prevents the motor from accidentally running when switched ON)
- NEW Advanced programming software
- Built in programmer card interface *
- PC Link programming interface *
- Upgradeable firmware interface *
- Automatic Lipo cell count detection (also automatically sets the LVC point)
- ESC over voltage protection (automatically disables when battery voltage exceeds 26V when initially connected).
- A Green LED indicated that the ESC is powered ON or plugged to the PC (programming and upgrades)
* Programmer card, software and USB linker are optional upgrades.
The adapter is CAD designed by Precision Aerobatics and is made in Germany.