ASH 31 Mi 6.4m ARF
click to enlarge
- Pure scale sailplane for towing, slope soaring or self-launching with the electric power option
- Elite Series fully-molded, all-composite construction to deliver unmatched fit, finish and performance
- Constructed with layered carbon fiber and other premium composite materials
- High-gloss, painted-in-the-mold finish for an outstanding appearance
- Four-piece wing plus included wing bags for easy transportation and storage
- Heavy-duty carbon fiber main wing joiner and carbon fiber wing tip joiners
- Removable stabilizer for even easier storage and transportation
- Factory-completed control surface hinging and control horn installation
- Factory-installed proportional electric spoilers, electric retract and gear doors
- Integrated tail wheel and wingtip wheels with fairings
- Includes tow-release mechanism (servo required and sold separately)
- Includes cockpit tub and instrument panel decal (optional pilot figure sold separately)
- Hidden quick-release canopy hatch mechanism
- Decal set included
Few model aviation activities compare to the thrill of RC soaring. Even when standing on the ground, the seemingly simple experience of finding lift with a sailplane model can be nothing short of breathtaking. The Hangar 9® Elite Series ASH 31 6.4m ARF is a giant-scale marvel that combines fully-molded construction with premium quality and performance to deliver a large-scale sailplane experience with unexpected simplicity and versatility.
The Hangar 9® Elite Series ASH 31 6.4m ARF sailplane delivers a premium experience with elegance and innovative convenience that makes flying a giant-scale glider simple. Like its full-size counterpart, all-composite, fully-molded construction is meticulously engineered to deliver an accurate scale outline and stunning appearance plus unmatched fit, finish and performance so you can soar it as an authentic replica, sport fly it for fun, or even perform aerobatics for a giant-scale experience like no other.
Unlike many other all-composite sailplanes in its class, the Elite Series ASH 31 6.4m ARF is delivered with a higher level of factory completion so your time at the workbench is minimal because all of the “hard” work has already been done for you. Included features like the electric retract and gear doors, plus the proportional electric spoilers, come factory installed. And all of the control surface hinging and control horn installation has also been completed at the factory.
Haven’t got a tow plane available? No problem! Have a blast at the slope. Or even better yet; the ASH 31 can be set up as a self-launching motor glider. Just install the practical E-flite® Power 60 brushless motor, an ESC and a single 4S to 6S, 5000mAh to 7000mAh battery with the recommended 16x10 folding propeller and there’s enough ground clearance for ROG take offs from suitable surfaces. Use the flaps and spoilers together to explore short field takeoff and landing capabilities. Then soar to find lift, cruise for relaxing sport flying or perform aerobatics including loops, rolls, stall turns and more. And despite its incredible 21-foot (6.4m) wingspan, convenience features including a four-piece wing and a stabilizer that mounts with just a few screws make the model easy to store, transport and enjoy. This all adds up to a large-scale sailplane that delivers premium quality and performance, with unexpected simplicity and versatility, so you can enjoy a giant-scale experience that’s second to none.
You will need...
Full-range, 7+ channel transmitter and receiver (12+ channel w/all options)
(2) thin-wing servos; (4) mini servos; (1) tow-release servo
6.6–7.4V receiver battery and a power switch