Giant Citabria 30cc ARF
click to enlarge
It isn't hard to sum up what the Great Planes Citabria has to offer; in fact, "easy" does it just fine. It has big plane presence, making it easy to leave a lasting impression at the field without giving up the small-plane assembly conveniences you appreciate. Big-plane size also makes it easy to fly and track in the air — and built-in flaps and ailerons make it easy to enjoy the full aerobatic performance of the original at a price that's easy to afford.
- The front windscreen is secured by magnets, but can easily be removed for easy access to battery packs, a fuel tank and other onboard gear.
- A detailed instrument panel decal offers added cockpit realism; molded seat backs cover onboard gear and provide seating for an optional pilot figure.
- Short fields, slow fly-bys and ambitious aerobatics are no problem. Flaps and ailerons are built-in, pre-hinged for ease and ready to perform.
- A joiner tube makes the two-piece wing easy to install. Wing struts are included, and can be left attached to the wings for extra convenience. Fixed landing gear makes the Citabria easy to transport.
- The Citabria is an outstanding aerobat, whether it's powered by a 30-35 cc gasoline engine or a 1.60 brushless outrunner motor.
- The Citabria is impressive for its sheer size and for the ease of enjoying its stand-off scale appearance. The side windows are installed for you and the fiberglass cowl and wheel pants are already painted. Attach the formed aluminum gear and gleaming spinner and it's ready for the flight line.
- Tail surfaces self-align, simplifying and speeding final assembly. The Citabria's generous hardware package includes bracing for the tail surfaces as well as a top-quality steerable tailwheel assembly.
This is the Great Planes Radio Controlled, Gasoline or Electric Powered, Almost Ready to Fly Citabria 30cc Airplane. For Intermediate to Advanced Flyers. FEATURES: Construction: Balsa and plywood, prehinged control surfaces, self- aligning tail surfaces Wing: Two-piece, with aluminum joiner tube & easy to install aluminum wing struts, flap and aileron control Covering: Top Flite MonoKote Cowl: Painted fiberglass Engine Mount: Four engine mounting bolts Landing Gear: Fixed pre-bent aluminum, 3.5" (89mm) diameter foam wheels with steerable tailwheel assembly, 1" (25.4mm) tailwheel Wheel Pants: Painted fiberglass Fuel Tank: Approximately 14oz (413cc) Spinner: 3" (76mm) diameter polished aluminum Front Windscreen: Secured by magnets, may be easily removed for access to batteries, fuel tank and other onboard gear Warranty Period: Great Planes guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both material and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any parts damaged by use or modification. INCLUDES: Prebuilt Wing, Fuselage and Tail Sections, Decals, Spinner, Landing Gear, Fuel Tank, Engine Mounting Bolts and Instruction Manual REQUIRES: Radio: 6-channel Servo: 7 high-torque (at least 85 oz-in of torque) & 1 standard servo for throttle and choke if using gasoline power 20" (500mm) Heavy Duty Servo Extension: Two for ailerons 8" (200mm) Heavy Duty Servo Extension: Two for flaps Y Harness: For ailerons or flaps depending on receiver and number of channels used Receiver Battery: NiCd or NiMH, at least 3200mAh Heavy Duty Switch Harness: Two Charge Receptacles: Two Gasoline Power: Engine: 30-35cc gasoline engine Muffler: Wraparound Pitts style if using gasoline engine Propeller: 18x8 Electric Power: Brushless Motor: 63-62-250kV brushless outrunner, GPMG4795 ESC: 80A minimum if using brushless motor Motor Mount: Large size aluminum for electric motors Propeller: 18x8E Batteries: Two 5S 18.5V LiPo, at least 5000mAh Motor to ESC Adapter: 6mm male/4mm female for motor listed above Spinner Adapter Kit: GPMQ4589 Battery Charger: Compatible with selected batteries Building and field equipment SPECS: Wingspan: 85" (2160mm) Wing Area: 1168 inē (75.3dmē) Weight Range: 14.5-16.5 lb [6.57-7.48 kg] Wing Loading: 29-33oz/ftē (88-101g/dmē) Length: 62" (1575mm) Center of Gravity (CG): 3.5" (89mm) back from the leading edge of the wing measured at the fuselage sides Control Throws Low High Elevator, up/down: 3/4" (19mm) 11° 1-3/16" (30mm) 17° Aileron, up/down: 3/4" (19mm) 13° 1-1/8" (28mm) 20° Rudder, right/left: 7/8" (22mm) 11° 1-5/8" (41mm) 23° Flaps, down: 5/8" (16mm) 11° 1" (25mm) 18° COMMENTS: Following are the colors of Top Flite MonoKote used to cover this model and order numbers for 6' rolls; Missle Red, TOPQ0201 Jet White, TOPQ0204 Black, TOPQ0208 If a replacement fuel tank is required, the DuBro 14oz Square Tank (DUBQ0214) can be used. Some trimming and modifications to the fuselage may be required. jxs 09/22/14 ir/jxs