Yak 55m 50-55cc Sport/3D ARF
click to enlarge
But only from... GREAT PLANES
All items from... GREAT PLANES
Five years after the Yak-55 took the Soviet team to #1 at the 1984 World Aerobatic Championship, the Yak-55M appeared — with a shorter wing and faster roll rate that challenged its rival Sukhoi SU-31. Those performance qualities carry over perfectly into this ARF...whose versatility shows that Great Planes knows exactly what you want in a 50cc aerobatic/3D model.Download a product flier
- Designed for all-out 3D performance!
- Lightweight, built-up construction with two-piece wing.
- Fiberglass cowl and wheel spats.
- Carbon-fiber tailwheel assembly.
- Uses popular 50 and 55 cc gasoline engines.
- The Yak-55M’s high-quality, light balsa/ply construction can be seen by removing the large canopy hatch — which allows quick, easy access to your on-board electronics.
- The DLE™ Engines DLE-55cc shown here is a perfect partner for the Yak-55M, which accommodates many popular 50 and 55 cc gasoline power plants.
- Use a standard Pitts-style muffler, or take advantage of the built-in channel to install a canister or power-boosting tuned pipe. Great Planes leaves your options open, and includes the mounting materials for whatever exhaust system you select.
- The two-piece, plug-in wing design makes it easy to transport the Yak-55M to the flying field in an average-size mini van or SUV. No trailer is needed, as larger gasoline-powered models often require.
- Great Planes quality shines throughout this model’s almost ready-to-fly construction. Main assemblies are lightweight, built-up and MonoKote-covered. Except for the rudder, all control surfaces are factory-hinged. The cowl and landing gear spats are made of fiberglass, and IMAA-legal, Great Planes hardware is used throughout.
- Its bold, multi-color MonoKote® trim suits the Yak-55M’s performance and helps you stay oriented during aggressive 3D flight. A molded replica radial engine adds exciting scale-like detail.
- The full-size Yak-55M is noted for offering extremely easy ground handling. The same is true of this sport-scale model, which includes a strong, lightweight, carbon fiber tailwheel assembly.
This is the radio controlled, gasoline powered, almost ready to fly Performance Series Yak 55M Sport/3D Airplane from Great Planes. For experienced modelers. IMMA and IMAC Legal. FEATURES: Construction: Balsa and ply Covering: Top Flite MonoKote Wings: Two-piece with aluminum wing tube Canopy: Clear with painted frame lines Radio Compartment: Constructed of plywood, accessed under canopy Cowl: Painted fiberglass with plastic dummy radial engine detail Wheel Spats: Painted fiberglass Aileron Control: Dual servo (high torque servos required) Landing Gear: Main, prebent aluminum 0.20" (5mm) thick Tail, carbon fiber tailwheel assembly Wheels: Main, 4" (102mm) foam, tailwheel, 1" (25.4mm) rubber Fuel Tank: Approximately 16oz (480cc) Warranty Period: Great Planes warrants this kit to be free from defects in both material and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification. INCLUDES: ARF Yak 55M Sport/3D Airplane with landing gear, wheels, decals, wing joiner tube, hardware and instruction manual REQUIRES: Radio: At least 6-channel, 9 channel or more recommended Servos: Ailerons, Two w/at least 150 oz/in torque Elevator, Two w/at least 150 oz/in torque Rudder, One w/at least 250 oz/in torque Throttle & Choke, One with at least 30 oz/in torque Servo Extensions: One 6" (152mm) Four 12" (305mm) Two 36" (914mm) Receiver Battery: 4.8V, at least 3000mAh Engine: Two-stroke gasoline, 50 - 55 cu in (3.0 - 3.4 cc) w/muffler, stock & pitts type mufflers will require cutting cowl for proper clearance, tunnel is designed into fuselage for a canister or tuned pipe exhaust system Ignition Battery: At least 1000mAh Building and Field Equipment SPECS: Wingspan: 88" (22.35mm) Wing Area: 1473 sq in (95sq dm) Wing Loading: 28-31 oz/sq ft (85-95 g/sq dm) Length: 82.5" (2095mm) Weight: 18 - 19.5lb (8160 - 8840g) Configuration: Mid-wing Airfoil: Fully symmetrical Center of Gravity (CG): 6.5" (165mm) back from leading edge of wing at fuselage sides Control Throws: Low Rate High Rate 3D Elevator, 3/4" (19mm) 7° 1-1/4" (32mm) 12° 4" (102mm) 42° Rudder, 4" (102mm) 20° 6" (152mm) 42° 8" (203mm) 63° Ailerons, 3/4" (19mm) 8° 1-3/4" (44mm) 19° 2-1/2" (64mm) 27° COMMENTS: Pilot figure shown in photos is not included. If a replacement fuel tank is needed, the Du-Bro 16oz (DUBQ0216) with a Gasoline Conversion Stopper (DUBQ0675) can be used. Some trimming of the fuel tank mounting area may be required. Following are the Top Flite MonoKote colors used to cover this model and order numbers for 6' rolls; True Red (TOPQ0227) Black (TOPQ0208) Jet White (TOPQ0204) Metallic Platinum (TOPQ0408) jxs 08/16/10 ir/jxs