Escapade MX .46/EP ARF
click to enlarge
Two 40 oz-in standard size for aileron
One 40 oz-in
- Fast, easy glue-free assembly.
- Choose glow or electric power.
- Two-piece wing simplifies assembly and transport.
The Escapade MX combines classic sport engineering with the creature comforts you’ve come to expect from Great Planes. It builds fast, and it flies even faster. It uses commonplace components, and the trim scheme is as eye-catching as it is unique. Throw in the option to choose between glow and electric power, and you have a sport plane that’s a break from the everyday!
- Expect spectacular sport performance, whether you drop in glow or electric power. Included mounts simplify installation of either option.
- A convenient magnetic hatch provides easy access to onboard gear.
- To save time, the tail surfaces bolt-on and align automatically. The control horns even come pre-installed and pre-aligned!
- The two-piece wing adds to the convenience. The wing panels assemble onto a joiner tube, simplifying building and transport.
- Aluminum landing gear and fiberglass wheel pants complement the Escapade MX’s built-up wood construction and colorful trim scheme.
- A factory-applied MonoKote trim scheme reduces assembly time while adding eye-catching looks.
This is the Radio Controlled, Glow or Electric Powered, Almost Ready to Fly Escapade MX Airplane from Great Planes. FEATURES: Construction: Built-up balsa and plywood Wing: Two-piece with wing tube Covering: Top Flite MonoKote Engine Mount: Two-piece nylon Motor Mount: Preassembled plywood Fuel Tank: 9oz (270cc) Landing Gear: Prebent aluminum with 3" (76mm) diameter foam wheels 1" (25.4mm) diameter tailwheel Wheel Pants: Fiberglass Canopy: Clear, attaches to fuselage with magnets and provides access to radio gear and battery Spinner: Black plastic 2.5" (63.5mm) diameter Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification INCLUDES: ARF Escapade MX Airplane with Spinner, Motor Mount, Engine Mount Spinner, Landing Gear, Hardware, and Instruction Manual REQUIRES: Radio: 4-channel Servos: Two 40 oz-in standard size for elevator & rudder Two 40 oz-in standard size for aileron One 40 oz-in standard size/throttle (if using glow engine) 6" (152mm) Extension Dual Servo Extension If using Glow Power: Engine: .46-.55 cu in (7.45- 9.0cc) two stroke OR .52-.70 cu in (8.5 - 11.1cc) four stroke Glow starter, fuel, fuel tubing, fuel pump, fuel can fittings Propeller: 11x7 sport If using brushless electric power: Motor: Great Planes RimFire .46-.55 ESC: 60A Propeller: 11x7 electric Battery: 4S 3350mAh 14.8V LiPo Adapter: Deans Female Ultra Battery Charger: Compatible with selected battery SPECS: Wingspan: 52" (1320mm) Wing Area: 449 sq dm (29 sq dm) Wing Loading: 26-28 oz/sq ft (79-85 g/sq dm) Length: 45" (1145mm) Weight: 5 - 5.5 lb (2270-2490 g) Configuration: Mid wing Airfoil: Semi-symmetrical CG (Center of Gravity): 2.75" (70mm) back from the leading edge at the fuselage Control Surface Throws: Low Rate High Rate Elevator 3/4" (19mm) 18° 7/8" (23mm) 19° Rudder 1-3/16" (30mm) 18° 1-3/4" (44mm) 29° Ailerons 5/16" (8mm) 11° 17/32" (13mm) 18° COMMENTS: Following are the Top Flite MonoKote colors used to cover this model and stock numbers for 6' rolls; Jet White, TOPQ0204 Purple, TOPQ0225 Orange, TOPQ0202 Metallic Charcoal, TOPQ0407 jxs 09/17/13 ir/jxs