Bird of Time 3-Meter Sailplane EP ARF
click to enlarge
- Strong and convenient EP power.
- Strong wood and fiberglass construction.
- 3-piece wing for easy transportation and storage.
- Removable full-flying stabilizer.
- Superior thermal and duration soaring.
- Beautiful, easy-to-see MonoKote trim scheme.
Introduced as a kit in 1981, the Bird of Time has proven to be timeless. The easy-to-assemble ARF version joined the original kit so that all sailplane enthusiasts could enjoy its relaxing, inspiring flight with less building time. Now this electric-powered Bird of Time EP ARF offers even more convenience, reaching soaring altitude in seconds — no hi-start, tow plane or large launch area needed.
- The Bird of Time EP ARF includes a low-drag folding prop, spinner and prop adapter. With the recommended motor, one full battery charge can power many aggressive climbs to altitude.
- A removable hatch in the Bird of Time EP ARF fuselage allows quick LiPo battery pack changes between flights.
- Compared to smaller sailplanes, the 3-meter Bird of Time EP ARF flies well in breezy conditions and remains easy to see at high altitudes.
This is the Electric Powered, Radio Controlled, Almost Ready to Fly Great Planes Bird of Time Sailplane. For fliers 14 years of age and older. FEATURES: Fuselage: Painted fiberglass, removable wooden stabilizer Wing: Balsa and ply, two piece for easy transport and storage, assembles with two aluminum and two wooden dihedral braces, aligns with metal anti-rotation pin Covering: Covered in white and orange Top Flite MonoKote Hatch: Plastic, updated to provide easy battery access Motor Mount Templates: Two supplied, one for the Great Planes .32 RimFire motor, and one blank template for other brushless motors Propeller: 5x7" folding, low drag design, plastic construction, black in color Spinner: Black plastic 2" (51mm) diameter Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at date of purchase. INCLUDES: Prebuilt Wing, Fuselage and Tail assemblies, Prop, Spinner, two Motor Mount Templates on Instruction Manual Addendum and Instruction Manual REQUIRES: Radio: At least 3-channel Servos: One standard size for rudder (Futaba S9001 Aircraft Coreless BB Servo recommended, FUTM00750) One micro high torque for elevator (Futaba S3154 Digital Micro High Torque recommended, FUTM0654) Brushless Motor: Great Planes RimFire .32 Electronic Speed Control: 60A with BEC Battery: 14.8V 3300-3600mAh LiPo 6-Minute Epoxy, Medium CA, Hook and Loop Material, Field & Maintenance equipment SPECS: Wingspan: 118" (2997mm) Length: 49" (1245mm) Wing Area: 1050 sq in (67.7 sq dm) Wing Loading: 10oz/sq ft (31g/sq dm) Center of Gravity: 3-3/4" (95.3mm) back from the leading edge of the wing measured at the fuselage sides Control Throws; High Low Elevator, up & down: 9/16" (15mm) 3/8" (10mm) (high rate) Rudder, left & right: 1-1/2" (38mm) 3/4" (19mm) COMMENTS: Following are the colors of Top Flite MonoKote used to cover this model and order numbers for 6 foot rolls; Orange, TOPQ0202 White, TOPQ0204 jxs 08/31/17 ir/jxs