Allusive 2.2m ARF
click to enlarge
- Streamlined fiberglass fuselage with a painted finish that’s ready for your electronics
- Four-channel control with V-tail, ailerons and throttle
- Large canopy provides easy access to factory-installed plywood mounting points
- Two-piece, fully-balsa sheeted, foam-core, plug-in wings
- Built-up, balsa plug-in stabilizers
- Solid carbon fiber wing and stabilizer joiners
- Ready for installation of an E-flite® Power 15 outrunner
- Complete, high-quality hardware package
- Fiberglass control horns and pre-bent steel pushrods
- Factory finished, film hinging on the ailerons and ruddervators
- High-contrast, genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering
The E-flite® Allusive™ 2.2 m ARF sailplane is an interesting breed of thermal soaring ship that’s both a capable glider and aerobatic sport model. Sleek from nose to tail and tip-to-tip, its wings are a fully-balsa sheeted foam core for a strong structure that naturally maintains airfoil integrity. The removable surfaces of the V-tail are a fully sheeted built-up structure and, like the wings, are covered with Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering in a high-contrast scheme. The ailerons and ruddervators feature film-hinging that’s sealed at the factory.
Thanks to a front fuse diameter of 40mm, a broad range of popular brushless outrunner motors like the E-flite Power 15 fits inside and has ample cooling. Just a 3S 2200mAh Li-Po flight pack is required for catching a thermal or grooving around. When equipped with a 4-channel radio with V-tail mix, the Allusive 2.2 m sailplane is the most fun you’ll have eluding the end of a great flying day.