Rare Bear PNP
click to enlarge
- Easy to complete final assembly
- Capable of 100+ MPH (161 KPH)* flight speeds
- Two-piece, plug-in wing and stabilizer with carbon-fiber joiner tubes
- Officially licensed design, as seen at the 2014 World Championship Air Races
- Powerful 15-Size, 1200Kv brushless motor (installed)
- 70-amp, switch-mode BEC, brushless ESC (installed)
- Scale spinner with reinforced two-blade propeller (included)
- 4 Spektrum 16-gram metal gear servos (installed)
- Reinforced, lightweight Z-Foam™ construction
What began in 1969 as a derelict wreck is currently the fastest straight-line piston-engine aircraft in the world with a record of 528.3 miles per hour. At 500 pounds lighter and 1000 horsepower stronger than a stock Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat, Race #77 is the crown jewel of the Lewis Air Legends collection. To this day, Rare Bear is a favorite to all except the competition.
The E-flite® Rare Bear radio control airplane delivers an exhilarating flight experience capable of 100+ MPH*, right out of the box. Like the full-size, this model has been outfitted with a highly-tuned, oversize power system and all unnecessary weight has been trimmed. This synergy maximizes high-speed thrills without sacrificing the super-friendly handling you expect from an E-flite model.
Whether you’re an experienced racing pilot or an intermediate sport pilot who wants an incredible high-speed experience, the E-flite Rare Bear is ideal.
Since the E-flite® and Spektrum™ electronics are already installed this airplane is ready to be setup with your available radio system. The Rare Bear requires a full-range 6+ channel programmable transmitter, a 4+ channel receiver, a 3300mAh 4S 14.8V 50C Li-Po battery and a suitable Li-Po balance charger.
Capable of 100+ MPH Flight Speeds
Packed with a high-speed motor, robust ESC and a racing propeller, the highly tuned E-flite Rare Bear delivers incredible high-speed performance. Our average straight-line speed of 100+ MPH was achieved with a pre-production model with recommended battery.
The pre-installed brushless outrunner and 70-amp brushless ESC installed are matched to deliver 100+ MPH* flight speeds with the recommended 4S 14.8V 3300mAh 50C Li-Po battery.
Strong and Light
Specially reinforced Z-Foam™ construction makes it possible to replicate complex airframe detail and maintain rigidity while keeping flying weight low. Built into the structure is a scuff plate that helps protect the airframe during a belly-landing.
Metal Gear Servos
Factory installed Spektrum 16-gram metal gear micro servos deliver durability that’s smooth so you get the control authority a high-performance racer deserves.
Officially Licensed 2014 Colors
The stunning Rare Bear, Reno 2014 appearance is officially licensed by Lewis Air Legends of Reno, Nevada.
* Average straight-line speed of pre-production model with recommended battery. Actual speed may vary.