3DR Solo RTF Quadcopter w/o Camera/Gimbal
click to enlarge
- Smart Drone
- Pixhawk 2 flight controller & 1ghz computer
- 880kV motors
- Game-style controller features 1ghz computer & HDMI output
- Live HD video feed
- Works with GoPro Hero 3+ and Hero 4
- Includes GoPro "The Frame"
- Gopro, Tablet and Gimbal sold separately
- Multiple automated flight modes
Camera, gimbal and tablet are optional, not included.
The world's smartest drone is also the easiest to fly. With features like push button flight and computer-assisted Smart Shots, Solo makes it easy for anyone to get professional aerial photos and video.
The world's first smart drone.
What makes it smart? Solo runs two 1 GHz computers, one on the copter and one in the controller, connected via a powerful dedicated WiFi signal. This enables Solo to do amazing things that no personal drone has ever been able to do. Its powerful and one-of-a-kind computer-assisted Smart Shot modes allow Solo to fly itself so you can focus on shooting; the perfect photo or video is always just a few taps away. Solo is also the first all-in-one drone to offer live streaming of HD video from your GoPro directly to your mobile device, as well as built-in HDMI for live broadcast in HD.
Smart Shot Modes
Computer-assisted cinema. In Smart Shot modes, Solo can fly itself so you can shift your focus from the copter to the camera.
- Cablecam: Lock Solo onto a virtual cable between any two points in space-even change altitudes-so you can freely pan and tilt the camera. Solo can even memorize your first and last frames and pan the camera between them for you-all you have to do is use one stick on the controller to move Solo up and down the cable.
Orbit: Solo can automatically circle any subject of your choosing, keeping the camera pointed in to capture an iconic wrap-around shot. Adjust the circle's radius to get the exact frame you want, even midflight.
Selfie: With one touch Solo will fly up and away from you, keeping the camera centered on you so the scenery around you expands in a dramatic aerial pullout shot.
Follow Me: Go completely hands-free! Solo can follow wherever you go, automatically keeping the camera on you to capture your every move.
Any other cool features?
- A new ergonomic controller built specifically for aerial photography. Its video game-style design breaks from the clunky and complicated RC tradition, so it feels familiar to even new pilots. And in keeping with the video game theme, we even gave the controller a pause button-an airbrake you can hit at any time to stop Solo midflight.
- A free full-featured mobile app for both iOS and Android. Choose between a live view from the camera or a satellite view of your selected shot, control your GoPro, change how the controller responds to commands and even change the color of Solo's LED lights.
I've never flown a drone.
Solo's computers make flying easy for beginners and pros alike. Smooth and powerful satellite-guided flight ensures Solo's position is always accurate, and Smart Shot modes keep Solo locked onto predetermined flight paths. It's also got that great new video game-style controller for a feel familiar to any user. Plus the controller features one-button flight controls: Take off, land and return home automatically. And if you panic, don't worry: There's the pause button.
Can it carry a GoPro?
Solo is built to maximize the GoPro experience. We actually work closely with GoPro, and as a result came up with the world's first gimbal that offers direct in-flight access to the GoPro controls: With just a click, you can now start and stop recording and snap the exact photos you want during your flight. Our work with GoPro also enables Solo to be the world's first drone that's equipped to stream live HD video from your GoPro directly to your mobile device. Solo even comes with the GoPro frame, so you can start getting great video right after you open the box.
Add the Solo gimbal and get full access to GoPro controls; stream HD video to your mobile device; even power your GoPro while you fly. The Solo Gimbal delivers all of these advanced capabilities while providing a painless and tool-free method of installing and removing the GoPro.
Please note: The Gopro Hero+LCD camera is not suitable for use with the Solo, due to the lack of HDMI out.