701 Gyro & Governor
click to enlarge
The Futaba GY701 combines a gyro and governor in one unit, representing a quantum leap forward in technology*. Processing rates are incredible, resulting in response rates that are even more amazing. Basic and Expert menus make it easy for novices and pros to enjoy latency-free performance and virtually instantaneous set-ups. The GY701's OLED (Organic Light Emitting Display) is easy to read indoors or out. When combined with the Governor, you have a system that's optimized for even the most extreme helicopter competitions.
- Small and lightweight — only 1.7 in. x 1.2 in., and weighs less than 1/2 ounce*.
- S.Bus capable with a single cable connection to the receiver.
- Free firmware and software, using the CIU-2 PC Interface (sold separately).
- Easy for anyone to program. Features both Basic and Expert menus.
- Organic Light Emitting Display (OLED) for easy viewing indoors or out.
- Works with analog or digital servos.
*controller weight only
- Utilizes MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) technology:
- Ultra high-speed processing.
- Advanced PID control algorithm.
- Smooth, consistent pirouette rate and yaw control.
- Patented, internal “Feed Forward” mixing through S.Bus means no latency and no tail offset (available in S.Bus mode only).
- 3D/F3C mode-selectable.
- Sensor features an aluminum alloy case and 3-color mode indicator LED.
- RPM range of 1000-3000.
- Mode selectable for governor or rev limiter.
- Clutch-mounted sensor or optional back plate mount for O.S.® .91, .55 and .50 engines.
Control Delay In
Control Delay Out
Gain Change Up Delay
Gain Change Down Delay
Free/Forward Mixing (with S.Bus connection)
Free/Forward Mixing Rate
Free/Forward Mixing Acceleration Gain
Pitch Zero Setting
Pitch Low Setting
Pitch High Setting
Gyro Data Reset
Operation range: +/- 1,200°per second
Sensor dimensions: 0.8 in x 0.8 in x 0.3 in (21 mm x 21 mm x 8 mm)
Sensor weight: 0.3 oz (9.4 g)
Controller dimensions: 1.7 in x 1.2 in x 0.5 in (44 mm x 30 mm x 12 mm)
Controller weight: 0.44 oz (12.5 g)
Stick Switch (to activate Governor)
Battery Fail Safe Setting
Yaw Rate Compensation
Limit Point Testing
Revolution Sensor Testing
Revolution Display Mode
Throttle Data Mode
Revolution Change Up Delay
Revolution Change Down Delay
Low Limit at Hover
Low Limit at Idle Up
Governor Data Reset