XRAY XB4 4WD 1/10 Electric Off-Road Buggy
click to enlarge
- All-new XB4 1/10 off-road 4WD platform
- Designed for highest performance at all levels of racing
- Developed for brushless motors and saddle pack LiPo batteries
- Engineered with typical attention to the smallest details
- Manufactured with legendary artistic craftsmanship from premium European materials
- Unique XRAY Multi-Flex™ technology for easy chassis flex adjustment
- Swiss 7075 T6 hard coated 2.0 aluminum chassis
- Composite chassis frame with tray design featuring plenty of space for electronics
- Chassis designed to provide maximum traction and steering
- Precise front to rear balance as well left to right side balance
- Graphite 2.0mm: upper deck, rear braces, front steering connecting plate
- Graphite 3.0mm: front & rear shock towers
- Unique & innovative front & rear bulkheads which allow access to the differentials using only 4 screws
- Innovative aluminum motor mount with independent bayonet style motor plate allows quick, easy and secure gear mesh adjustment
- Front & rear gear differential with adjustable oil viscosity featuring 35T crown gear and 14T pinion gear
- Robust central 81T spur gear molded from exclusive secret blend of composite material
- Internal drive ratio 1:2.5
- Adjustable center slipper clutch with easy tuning featuring lightweight HUDY Spring Steel outdrives hardened for extra life and reliability
- Hardened slipper plates from Swiss 7075 T6 with black surface treatment
- Molded front& rear gear differentials included to provide increased on-power steering, and featuring maintenance-free design using premium materials like our special custom composite mixture and lightweight, hardened, HUDY Spring Steel out drives
- Constant velocity drives (CVD) are manufactured from special HUDY Spring Steel for reduced weight and increased durability. The shafts are hand ground for maximum precision.
- Safety collars for all drive shafts ensures that the mounting pins are securely captured
- Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum suspension holders front and rear
- Integrated Suspension Settings (I.S.S.) for super fast, easy and comfortable suspension geometry setting (caster, toe-in, roll-centers, kick-up, anti-squat, wheelbase, trackwidth) using eccentric bushings inserted into aluminum suspension holders
- Specially designed suspension components manufactured from carefully formulated custom composite mixtures to ensure proper flex and durability. Geometry has been tuned for performance versatility in all racing conditions.
- Lightweight 1-piece caster blocks with preset 9° caster with easy adjustable roll center position featuring larger openings for quick and easy disassembly of CVDs; optional 6° caster block available
- Front chassis feature pre-angled caster of 8° and with the variable I.S.S. settings a range 16~20° of total caster can be achieved
- Tiny yet robust steering blocks molded from a special composite mixture for maximum strength featuring adjustable lower roll center.
- Very compact 0° toe-in rear uprights feature 2 different roll center positions and 3 different upper roll center positions and with included shim on the pivot pin wheelbase is easily adjusted.
- Oversized bearings are included on outboard suspension positions to carry increased dynamic loads.
- Ultra-lightweight 14mm wheel hex drive hubs CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 and additionally black-coated have ultra-true hex clamping design which ensures solid mounting of the wheel
- Optional -0.75mm and +0.75 off-set wheel hex drive hubs available for super fine adjustment
- Very simple yet effective steering system with integrated adjustable servo saver ensures perfect steering featuring easily adjustable Ackermann and bump steer
- HUDY Spring Steel™ turnbuckles specially hardened for maximum strength used for front and rear upright linkages, steering system and servo saver
- Consistent and reliable membrane-free big bore shocks with bleed-screw shock cap design feature up-stop shock rod travel adjustment via o-rings and downstop adjustment using shims under pistons
- Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum shock bodies and lower nut are hard coated in black
- Delrin pistons molded using super precise moulds featuring multiple types of pistons including different holes and diameters for precise shock adjustment; for custom adjustment a set of blank pistons are also included
- Shock rods are machined from a special steel material, precision hand-ground for maximum smooth operation and additionally hardened for increased lifetime
- Premium shock springs designed specifically for big bore shocks; manually measured, selected and matched into pairs to guarantee equal length and damping characteristics; laser engraved for easy identification
- Full line of linear and progressive shock springs available
- Premium silicone oils laboratory tested and calibrated to ensure highest possible consistency and quality
- Anti-roll bars manufactured from special spring steel material to stabilize the car at both front and rear are mounted to the diff cases & can be easily adjusted via linkages; laser engraved for easy identification and available in all different sizes for
- Full set of 22 high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings used throughout the drivetrain to ensure maximum efficiency, degreased and oiled with Aero Shell Fluid 12 for maximum smoothness and long life
- Stylish & effective rear wing designed to work perfectly with the original XB4 body; made from strong Lexan material, supported by extra flat shims
- High performance low profile aerodynamic body designed by XRAY to perfectly fit the XB4 and work in most track conditions effectively
- Beefy 6mm thick body posts from special composite material for maximum strength
- Specially designed 14mm hex hub aerodisk wheels for high competition racing; featuring reinforcement ribs to eliminate deformation and molded from very flexible material to remain durable against impacts
- Aluminum self-locking wheel nuts
- Super easy to build, set up, maintain, and drive
The XB4 is a typical XRAY car – a premium, professional, high competition model racing car for the most demanding racers, developed and designed with attention to the smallest details. Manufactured from premium European materials, machined using state of the art Swiss and German machines and backed by premium service & support, the XB4 is a typical XRAY, a luxury masterpiece.
The XRAY off-road racing cars have received honours and accolades all around the world, including multiple ‘Car of the Year’ awards from RC car magazines around the world as voted on by consumers, and countless victories at all levels of racing, including multiple National and European Championship titles.
Over the decade the XRAY off-road cars set a new rise for premium quality and unbeatable reliability and have gained the hearts of racers around the world. The XB4 brings over the same characteristics from the large 1/8 off-road cars.