VoltAir Cube Kit
click to enlarge
- Wing made of Icarex ® ripstop polyester fabric with all pockets sewn.
- Pre-cut carbon fiber struts, longerons and prop-protector spars.
- All rubber stoppers and T-fittings.
- Pre-drilled brass fuselage.
- Complete motor-mount assembly with all necessary hardware.
- Kevlar control lines.
- All necessary hardware and hook and loop fasteners.
- Spare-parts kit and 16-page flight manual.
- GWS 7:1 geared-motor or similar motor weighing less than 1 oz.
- Heat sink (highly recommended).
- 11 x 4.7 propeller or similar to match power unit.
- MX-50 micro servo with 14 in.-oz. of torque weighing less than .5 oz.
- Electronic Speed Controller weighing only .2 oz with soft-start protection.
- Eight-cell battery pack, NiMH, 220 mAh with BEC connector.
- Micro receiver weighing less than .5 oz. (preferably .25 oz.).
- Two-channel (or four) radio/transmitter.
- Peak-detection charger for 8-cell NiMH 220 mAh batteries or your set.
- Small Phillips-head screw driver and socket set (Vise-Grips in a pinch).
- CA glue
So you want to do it yourself? Great! Voltair would love to help you succeed at making your own customized Voltair Cube. Most model builders are more comfortable gluing wood than sewing wing fabric so they've tried to make a kit that will match the average hobbyists needs, while leaving plenty of room to experiment. The wing is pre-sewn with all necessary pockets, the spars are pre-cut, the fuselage pre-drilled, and the motor mount prepped for a GWS motor. All the required hardware and fastener material is included for a stock Voltair Cube.
The 16-page instruction manual was written for the assembly of ARF units but the details are all there. If you understand the concepts and are using the stock electronics, you should be able to build the complete plane in less than four hours.