1/32 North American P-51D/K Mustang Pacific Theatre
click to enlarge
- This kit offers its purchaser 3 plastic model options: the P-51-D; the P-51K (predominantly served in Asian Theater); and the F-6D reconnaissance aircraft.
- 1/32 Scale. Fuselage length: 308mm, Wingspan: 354mm.
- The unique form is accurately captured, including laminar wings and shapely style.
- Radiator is faithfully reproduced, down to internal ducts and oil coolers.
- Features an accurate cockpit interior. Parts for F-6D's intervalometer is included.
- 3 sets of markings included to recreate aircraft from Fighter Groups in Philippines, Iwo Jima and Burma.
- Crew figures in seated and standing poses included.
The legendary U.S. Air Force P-51D Mustang originally used a Hamilton Standard propeller, but shortages forced the U.S. to fit some models with an Aeroproducts propeller. They were renamed the P-51K and mainly assigned to the Asian Theater. The P-51K and P-51D possessed both speed and the ability to fly long-range missions, and could serve as bomber escorts or attack enemy ground installations themselves. In addition to the fighter role, some P-51s were equipped with cameras and used as reconnaissance aircraft. Such aircraft were based on the P-51D and designated the F-6D.