1/35 German Assault Tank IV Brummbar Late Production
click to enlarge
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 168mm, width: 94mm.
- The kit gives a highly accurate recreation of the Brummbär with its stubby 15cm gun.
- Gun barrel offers elevation and depression. Traverse motion is in tandem with sight and cover.
- Five Schürzen plates are attached and can be removed individually, for a variety of looks.
- Parts are included to recreate rubber-rimmed and all-steel road wheels, used in different combinations depending upon chose marking option.
- Comes with a commander torso figure for the cupola, and a full-body crew figure.
- Decals for two marking options are included.
The Brummbär is a 15cm howitzer-toting assault tank (Sturmpanzer). It was built on the reliable and versatile Pz.Kpfw. IV chassis. It was ordered by Hitler himself, and produced in various incarnations from April 1943 to March 1945. The most numerous was the late production variant depicted by this model. It used the Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.J chassis and had a simplified boxy fighting compartment with an extrusion on the top-left to house a machine gun. In a losing battle, its dedicated Assault Tank Battalions fought in Hungary and the former Czechoslovakia.