Spitfire Mk IX ARF 80"
click to enlarge
But only from... SEAGULL
All items from... SEAGULL
This product is available online only. You will not have an option to choose store pickup unless stock happens to be available in store.
- Excellent sport scale appearance
- Stable flight handling with aerobatic capability
- Operational split flaps
- Light weight balsa and plywood construction
- CAD designed and CNC laser cut parts
- Covered in genuine UltraCoteŽ
- Model finished in clear coat matt finish
- Large top hatch allows easy access to radio
- 2-piece plug-in wing for easy transport
- Strong aluminum wing joiner tube joiner
- Painted fiberglass cowling and wheel covers
- Painted pilot
- Complete hardware pack
- Mechanical retracts with oleo legs included
Developed in 1942 to counter the Focke-Wulf 190A, the Mk IX Spitfire was one of the most successful fighter aircraft of World War 2. Seagull's deluxe scale version looks and flies as good as the original. The airframe is conventional built balsa and plywood construction, yet a modern laser-cut design allows the airplane to be kept light. You will find that most of the work has been done for you. The pushrods are pre-made to the correct lengths, the motor mount has been fitted and the hinges are pre-installed and pinned for security.