Typhoon 3D RTF Electric
click to enlarge
- Four proportional channels that allow users to have full control of 3D flight
- A gear-reduced ParkZone BL400-15T in-runner brushless motor that provides long, efficient run times and gives power to spare at varied speeds
- Li-Po compatible technology that allows users to upgrade to a 2100mAh 3s Li-Po battery from the included 9-cell 1000mAh Ni-MH battery pack for more power and longer flight times
- Z-Foam - a revolutionary hybrid foam material that is stronger and lighter than most foams
- Symmetrical airfoil for advanced aerobatics, such as hovers, harriers, torque rolls, and waterfalls with the standard Ni-MH battery
- Reusable 72MHz FM radio system that includes industry-standard 3-wire brushless ESC and servos with separate receiver. Availble on six frequencies.
- Dual elevator and aileron rates thanks to the Mode Change Flight Control system
- Dual aileron servos
- Two propellers - one for speed and one for power
- Steerable tail wheel
- 8 AA batteries for the transmitter
- Rechargeable 9-cell 10.8V 1000mAh Ni-MH battery pack
- 1.8A variable rate DC peak detect charger that charges 5- to 10-cell Ni-MH and Ni-Cd batteries
This plane is for experienced RC pilots who want all the thrills of an unlimited 3D electric park flyer without the hassles of having to build one. Equipped with oversized control surfaces and a powerful ParkZone BL400-15T brushless motor means it can perform the most aggressive 3D maneuvers imaginable with laser precision and power to spare. Hovers, harriers, torque-rolls, waterfalls—the Typhoon 3D does them all. And because the wings and fuselage are molded from ParkZone’s super-strong, feather-light Z-Foam™ material, it can handle the punishment of these high-energy 3D aerobatics without getting bent out of shape. It’s tougher than EPP foam and can easily be repaired with CA.
Getting the Typhoon 3D flying is about as simple as it gets. Everything you need is in this box. Just attach the wing and tail, charge up the included battery pack, and in as little as 40 minutes, you’re flying. Once in the air, you can choose between “low” or “high” elevator and aileron rates with a flip of the transmitter switch.
Experienced model builders will appreciate the Typhoon 3D’s removable receiver, separate brushless ESC, and servos that can be used in other park flyers (all use industry standard 3-wire interface and connector). That includes delta wing applications thanks to selectable control mixing in the transmitter. Pilots can also adjust the ESC auto-cutoff to work with 3-cell Li-Po battery packs.
This plane is ground breaking because of the combination of features that it boasts – a brushless motor, 3D flight, a 4-channel radio, and ready-to-fly design.