Avistar Elite .46 RTF Adv Trainer w/46AXII/Tactic
- 2 Standard servos are required for optional flaps. Hardware included in kit
Available in RTF and ARF versions, the Avistar Elite is the perfect choice for progressing from basic training to aerobatics using one plane and a flight instructor’s assistance. Its high wing mounting and tricycle landing gear boost your confidence by adding stability and easy ground handling. The semi-symmetrical airfoil offers greater maneuverability as soon as you’re ready.
- Wing halves feature prehinged control surfaces, installed aileron servos, and bays for optional flaps. Simply slide them onto the joiner tube. No glue is used, so they remove easily for transport.
- In seconds, the removable main landing gear snaps into a factory-installed mount. The steerable nose wheel is already installed.
- The patented EasyAlign system guides tail sections into place automatically. No tools are needed. Simply tighten the thumb screws to assemble a straight, strong tail!
- The Avistar Elite wing is semi-symmetrical, or slightly rounded on the bottom. It combines trainer-like stability with the ability to execute smooth rolls and other aerobatics that flat-bottom trainers cannot perform.
- Just as your high-wing trainer helped you learn basic flight skills, the Avistar Elite gives you extra confidence when beginning to fly aerobatics.
- Clevises and control horns are already attached to the model’s factory-hinged control surfaces — one of many details that save time in the workshop and get you flying faster.
- Because it’s larger than park fliers, the Avistar Elite is also more stable and better able to handle windy conditions.
- MonoKote CoveringBuilt-up wood sections have been expertly finished in a colorful, contemporary trim scheme. Great Planes and Avistar Elite logo decals are also included.
This is the Radio Controlled, Glow Powered, Ready to Fly Avistar Elite from Great Planes. Ideal step up from a flat bottom wing trainer, or suitable as a first airplane with the help of an instructor. FEATURES: Construction: Balsa and ply Wing: Two-piece with aluminum joiner tube, optional flaps, wing fastens to fuselage with two 1/4-20 wing bolts Aileron Control: Dual servo Covering: Top Flite MonoKote Fuel Tank: Approximately 8oz (240cc) Radio: Tactic TTX600 6-channel 2.4GHz, with trainer system and five standard servos Engine: O.S. .46AXII AB with muffler Engine Mount: Aluminum with with rubber isolation boots Propeller: 12x5 Spinner: 2.5" (63.5mm) diameter red plastic Landing Gear: Prebent aluminum with two 2.5" (64mm) main foam wheels and 2" (51mm) nose wheel Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any parts damaged by use or modification. INCLUDES: RTF Avistar Elite, O.S. .46AXII AB Engine with Muffler, Prop, 2.4GHz Radio System w/four standard Servos, eight AA Batteries, Spinner, and Instruction Manual REQUIRES: Fuel: Airplane blend with 5%-20% nitromethane OR, if electric power is desired, RimFire .46 (42-60-800) outrunner brushless motor, GPMG4725, this motor includes a mount and prop adapter ESC: 60A brushless compatible (GPMM1850) if using motor listed above Battery: 5-6S LiPo Battery Charger: Compatible with selected LiPo LiPo charging bag Propeller: Compatible with selected motor Building and field equipment SPECS: Wingspan: 62.5" (1590mm) Wing Area: 672 in sq (43.3sq dm) Wing Loading: 22-24 oz sq/ft (67-73 g sq/ft) Weight: 6.5-7lbs (2950-3170g) Length: 55" (1395mm) Airfoil: Semi-symmetrical Center of Gravity (CG): 3-5/16" (84mm) back from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage Control Throws Low Rate High Rate Elevator 5/16" (8mm) 11° 7/16" (11mm) 16° Rudder 1/2" (13mm) 13° 7/8" (22mm) 22° Ailerons 3/8" (10mm) 11° 9/16" (14mm) 17° COMMENTS: Following are the Top Flite MonoKote colors used on the Avistar Elite and order numbers for 6' rolls Orange, TOPQ0202 Royal Blue, TOPQ0221 Missile Red, TOPQ0201 Jet White, TOPQ0204 If a new fuel tank is needed, the 8oz Sullivan Flextank (SULQ1739) can be used. some trimming and modification may be required. jxs 08/23/12 ir/jxs UPGX8/12/14