*T*Giant Revolver 50-55cc Sport ARF
click to enlarge
Two 50 oz/in torque, 1-throttle, 1-optional c
Can you imagine a giant-scale project that assembles as quickly and easily as a .40- or .60-size ARF? The folks at Great Planes did — and that’s why the Revolver 50 cc is, hands-down, the best gas giant model around.
If there’s an easy, effortless way to do it, Great Planes has included it in Revolver 50 cc design. Prehinged control surfaces, simpler ways to attach and remove the wings and horizontal stabs, painted fiberglass parts — the Revolver 50 cc has them all, along with big-plane presence, impressive performance and agile aerobatic handling.
- Great first gas airplane
- Simple 4-channel setup
- Offers “bigger-is-better” performance and easier-than-average assembly
- Wing panels with prehinged ailerons slide onto a carbon-fiber joiner tube and “lock” in place with a few turns of a nylon thumbscrew.
- Like the wing panels, the prehinged stabilizer halves slide onto a joiner tube. Each half attaches with just two screws — a feature that streamlines setup and removal and simplifies storage.
- The hatch arrives with a painted pilot figure and clear canopy already installed, providing time savings as well as easy access to radio gear and the fuel tank.
- A factory-installed ring offers an “invisible” way to secure the painted fiberglass cowl. An aluminum spinner is included, as part of a complete, high-quality hardware package.
- Revolver pluses also include sturdy aluminum gear and fiberglass wheel pants that mount with just two screws.
- The Revolver 50 cc offers the same handling as the .40 and .60 versions: agile, predictable and ideal for aerobatics. Its weight and seven and a half foot wingspan make easier to handle in the wind and easier to track in the air.
This is the Radio Controlled, Gasoline Powered, Almost Ready to Fly Giant 50cc Revolver Airplane Kit from Great Planes. FEATURES: Construction: Balsa and ply Covering: Top Flite MonoKote Wings: Two-piece with joiner tube Aileron Control: Dual servo Cowl: Painted fiberglass Wheel Pants: Painted fiberglass Fuel Tank: 24oz (720ml), approximate Engine Mount: Plywood Landing Gear: Two-piece prebent aluminum with two 3.5" (90mm) main wheels and one 1-1/2" (38mm) tailwheel, prebent steel tail gear Spinner: Aluminum, 5" (127mm) diameter Warranty: Great Planes Model Manufacturing Company guarantees this kit to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship at the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any component parts damaged by use or modification. INCLUDES: Prebuilt Wing, Fuselage and Tail Sections, Decals, Spinner, Landing Gear, Fuel Tank, Motor Mount, Engine Mount and Instruction Manual REQUIRES: Radio: 4 channel minimum, 6-channel recommended Servos: Five 99 oz/in torque, 2-elevator, 2-ailerons, 1-rudder Two 50 oz/in torque, 1-throttle, 1-optional choke 36" (914mm) Heavy Duty Servo Extensions: Two for elevator servos (one if using dual servo extension) 12" (305mm) Heavy Duty Servo Extensions: Three, two for aileron servos, one for throttle, two if not using Y connectors from receiver to ailerons 6" (152mm) Heavy Duty Servo Extension: One for choke Heavy Duty Dual Servo Lead: Two for elevator and aileron mixing if using 4-ch radio Heavy Duty Switch Harnesses: Two Engine: 50-55cc two stroke Muffler: Wrap around Pitts style Propeller: Follow recommendations for engine Gasoline and building and field equipment SPECS: Wingspan: 90" (2285mm) Wing Area: 1303 sq in (84 sq dm) Wing Loading: 34-36 oz/sq ft (104-110 g/sq ft) Weight: 19.5-20.5lbs (8840-9300g) Length: 82.5" (2095mm) Center of Gravity (CG): 7-7/8" (200mm) back from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage Control Throws: Low Rate High Rate Elevator: (Up & Down) 1/2" (13mm) 6° 3/4" (19mm) 10° Rudder: (Right & Left) 2-3/4" (70mm) 19° 3-1/4" (83mm) 22° Ailerons: (Up & Down) 5/8" (16mm) 12° 7/8" (22mm) 17° COMMENTS: Page 15, step 2 of the manual should read "Drill a pilot hole through each of the marks on the template. Remove the template and then drill a 13/64" (5.2mm) clearance hole through the firewall on each of the four pilot holes you drilled. Check the servo tray and formers before flying. If needed, apply CA glue to any loose joints. COMMENTS: If a replacement fuel tank is needed, the Sullivan 24oz Slant Fuel Tank (SULQ1444) can be used. Glow tubing in kit must be replaced with gasoline-safe fuel tubing. Some trimming and modification to airplane may be required. Following are the colors of Top Flite MonoKote used to cover this model and order numbers for 6' rolls; Orange, TOPQ0202 Metallic Blue, TOPQ0402 Missile Red, TOPQ0201 jxs 09/19/12 ir/jxs