Shoestring 1/4 Scale ARF
click to enlarge
- Carefully constructed of select woods, durable fiberglass and brilliant MonoKote film.
- One-piece fiberglass cowl comes painted in two colors, and conceals most 2 and 4-stroke engines in the recommended range to preserve the scale outline.
- Heavy-duty scale aluminum landing gear mounts easily from inside the fuselage durable fiberglass wheel pants arrive factory-painted to match the model's trim.
- Radio gear installs easily inside the spacious radio compartment. Dual aileron servos (one mounted in each wing half) simplify installation and boost precision and authority.
- Canopy comes pre-formed for easy assembly, with the rear section factory-painted to match the fuselage.
A small home-built racer first seen in the 1940s, the Shoestring has since become a classic. Its simplicity made it a favorite with builders—its maneuverability appealed to fun-loving pilots.
Those same qualities make the Great Planes Shoestring a standout among R/C models. With top quality ARF construction, the Shoestring offers easy 14 to 20 hour assembly, exciting aerobatics, and a distinctive look like few other models at the flight line.
The Shoestring ARF has a nearly exact 1/4 Scale outline, taken from original 3-view drawings. Assembly and performance are so straightforward, it's a fine third model and a great first scale plane. Decals, spinner and Great Planes brand hardware are all included.
As this cutaway of its fully symmetrical wing illustrates, the Shoestring is constructed as well as any carefully built model kit — using top-quality balsa and MonoKote covering film. At the flight line, no one would guess it's an ARF!