Spirit Elite Sailplane 2M
click to enlarge
- Advanced Selig/Ashok Gopalarathnam SA7035 and SA7036 airfoils enhance speed and offer easy wind penetration without requiring ballast
- Two-piece, bolt-on wing's ply/aluminum joiner provides the strength to handle hi-start and electric winch launches
- Wing can be built with dihedral for efficient forward flight or polyhedral for quick turns — triple taper planform improves lift and reduces tip drag
- Aileron and flap micro servos are recessed in easy-access wing hatches to minimize drag and improve performance
- Lift-off, vacuum-formed canopy conceals the radio compartment
Spirit Elite makes a fine first sailplane kit for experienced R/C pilots. Its interlocking, mostly balsa parts quickly produce a lightweight, low drag airframe. Yet the model also makes full use of advanced radio mixing functions — and gives skilled sailplane fliers contest-winning control and maneuverability!
The Selig/Ashok Gopalarathnam SA7035 airfoil blends into an SA7036 airfoil at the tips to add stability and lift. This combination increases speed and lowers drag for excellent wind penetration. Full span sheeting on the wing's leading edge further improves aerodynamics.
You can use your radio's crow mixing function to lower flaps, raise ailerons and slow down quickly for spot landings. If you have a computer radio, you can take full advantage of its mixing capabilities to make in-flight airfoil modifications that maximize speed or lift.
Speed and penetration are the Spirit Elite's specialty! Its detailed, illustrated instruction manual shows pilots how to enjoy the best performance, whether using basic 4-channel control or a 6-channel computer radio system.