P-51D Mustang 40
click to enlarge
580 sq inWing Area:
24 oz/sq ftWing Loading:
4 or more ChannelsRadio Requirements:
.40-.46 cu in2-Stroke Engine Requirements:
.60-.70 cu in4-Stroke Engine Requirements:
- Fully-aerobatic sport model combines authentic WWII looks and the famous Great Planes quality.
- Ideal for the sport flier who appreciates scale and detail but wants a kit without precision-scale difficulty.
- Design uses the same stable airfoil as the popular Ultra Sport 40 and provides performance you can count on
- Excellent low-speed stability for smooth landings.
- Features many authentic details, including machine guns and exhaust stacks.
- Instructions are included for installing optional retractable landing gear.
- Kit features photo-illustrated instruction booklet and detailed, full-sized rolled plans.
WWII's most recognizable aircraft flies high with the full range of sport aerobatics.
The Great Planes P-51D Mustang 40 is a Great Looking and Great Building WWI Model Airplane Kit. This Kit has a 90-Day Warranty. FEATURES: Balsa and plywood construction CAD engineered with interlocking construction throughout the kit INCLUDES: All the wood to build the kit, clear canopy, plastic cowl, nylon adjustable engine mount, decal sheet, rolled plans & instructions. REQUIRES: Engine: .40-.46 2-stroke or .60-.70 4-stroke Radio: 4-5 channel (5th channel for optional retracts) Servos: 4-5 (ailerons, elevator, rudder, throttle, retracts) Covering: 2 rolls Misc.: 10oz fuel tank, fuel tubing, wheels, 2.75" spinner, wheel collars, building and field equipment. SPECS: Wingspan: 57" Length: 50" Weight: 6lbs Wing area: 580 sq in Airfoil: fully-symmetrical low-wing Wing loading: 24oz/sq ft CG: 5-3/8" aft of LE @ root Throws: hi low Elev 5/8" up ½" down 3/8" up 5/16" down Rud 1-3/8" each 7/8" each Ail 9/32" each 3/16" each COMMENTS: The fuse is fully sheeted, the wing is an open bay wing The radiator scoop is built up from ply and sheeted Decal set P540D01 sold only through GP Manufacturing includes: Four 7-5/8" x 4" Blue & White stars and bars Two each of 7/8" Black numbers 0-9 Two 1½" x 1¼" Red, Black & White Great Planes logos 5-5/8" x ¾" Black "Sweet Thing" Two 5¾" x 2-3/8" Black B7M One 3¾" x 1½" Black & White instrument panel Two 2-1/8" x 3/8" Red, Black & White Great Planes logos 3/5/97 kpm ir/jl updt jxs 10/14/04