Hawker Sea Fury 400 ARF
click to enlarge
- Incredible scale detail, including accurately molded panel lines and factory applied paint finish
- Optional-use retractable landing gear included in addition to fixed landing gear
- Factory installed spars, hinges and control horns
- Lightly loaded flying characteristics
- Fully detailed, factory painted cockpit and pilot figure
- E-flite Outrunner stick motor mount included
- Optional-use factory finished rockets for added scale appearance
- Easy-access magnet secured hatch
- 3- to 5-channel operation (with optional rudder and retractable landing gear)
- EPS injection-molded foam construction
- 10x8E prop and spinner (included)
- Bolt-on removable wing
The Hawker Sea Fury was a fighter aircraft developed by Hawker for the Royal Navy during the Second World War. The Sea Fury was designed as a single piston engine, propeller driven fighter for aircraft carrier take-offs and landings. It is known for being one of the fastest single piston engine aircraft ever built and while it arrived too late for service during WWII, it did serve admirably during the Korean War. The well known historical event for the Hawker Sea Fury was on August 9, 1952, when Lieutenant Peter "Hoagy" Carmichael of the Royal Navy shot down a MiG-15 jet-powered fighter in combat. This was one of very few piston-engine powered fighters to successfully engage a turbine-powered adversary.
E-flite has produced the Hawker Sea Fury 400 ARF as an EPS injection-molded foam model to offer lightweight, durable and easily repairable construction. The scale detail is complete with accurately molded panel lines and a factory painted and installed cockpit, pilot figure and canopy. For additional scale detail, optional factory finished rockets and retractable landing gear can also be installed. This 400-sized aircraft boasts factory finished and installed spars, hinges, and control horns. You have the option to select between the included fixed landing gear or retractable landing gear. All of the parts are included for either of the landing gear options.
The E-flite Hawker Sea Fury has an elliptical shaped wing that offers gentle flight characteristics not typically found in this class of model. The bolt-on wing is easily removed for transportability and access to on-board electronics. Other electronics are easily accessible through the magnetic battery hatch. The Sea Fury has lightly loaded flight characteristics resulting in smooth handling and ease of flight. This warbird gives the modeler different power options with the factory installed stick motor mount. This model is perfect for mounting 400-480 outrunner brushless motors. The model is matched with popular sized batteries for excellent power and flight duration potential. This warbird boasts scale details, a high level of prefabrication, and flight characteristics that are unmatched by the competition.