P-38/F-5E Lightning 400 Com
click to enlarge
- Includes 2, E-flite Park 450 BL Outrunner 890 Kv Motors (EFLM1400)
- Includes 2, E-flite 25-Amp Pro Brushless ESC's (EFLA1025)
- 95% factory built, painted and assembled
- Can be flight ready in just 2 to 4 hours with little to no glue required
- Accurately-etched panel lines and factory-applied paint scheme
- Fully detailed, factory-installed cockpit, pilot and canopy
- Factory installed hinges, control surfaces and control horns
- Plug-in wing panels for easy transport
- Functional scale elevator mass balances
- Includes 10 x 8E counter-rotating props and spinners
- Factory-assembled, optional landing gear with steerable nose wheel
- Flyable with a single 3S 11.1V 2000–2200mAh Li-Po pack
Few warbirds carry the mystique of the P-38 Lightning. In addition to being a potent weapons platform, it was also one of the most capable reconnaissance aircraft in the Allied arsenal. Recon Lightnings were stripped of their armament to save weight and make room for camera equipment. Their speed and maneuverability allowed their pilots to fly deep behind enemy lines without escort, often at scrub brush level, to obtain vital battlefield intelligence. E-flite’s stunning replica is based on an F-5 variant of a recon Lightning that served in the European theater during the invasion of Normandy.
Details including invasion stripes, cockpit details, appropriate squadron markings, removable drop tanks, counter-rotating props and spinners, functional scale elevator mass balances and much more, are all factory finished. Intricately detailed superchargers are molded into the fuselage and painted to replicate a weathered and worn look. The kit comes highly prefabricated with all parts factory painted, along with hinges and control surfaces installed, so you don’t have to wait long to get flying. The wing panels slide easily in and out of the booms using the factory-installed carbon tube spars. Each panel is secured with just two wing screws making assembly easy. All that’s left is about 2 to 4 hours of minor assembly and electronics installation to get flying, making this one of the most detailed and quickest to assemble P-38 models ever available.
E-flite has thought of just about everything, including multiple easy-access hatches. Getting to the elevator and rudder servos is a cinch with the easy-access magnetic hatches located on the bottom of each tail boom, while the magnetically secured nose hatch offers quick access to the battery, ESC and receiver without the need for tools.
Besides the unparalleled scale detail, you also get smart design features like counter-rotating propellers for straight-ahead tracking during acceleration for takeoffs and flight. They also substantially reduce adverse yaw should a motor fail, making for one of the easiest and smoothest twin-motor flying experiences you will ever have. This is the electric twin you’ve been waiting for.
LOCKHEED MARTIN, P-38/F-5E Lightning 400 ARF, associated emblems and logos, and body designs of vehicles are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lockheed Martin Corporation in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by Horizon Hobby, Inc.