PT-19 450 ARF R/C or CL
click to enlarge
- Can be completed as a Radio Control or Control Line model
- 90% pre-built out of the box
- Includes adjustable motor mount for Park 450/480
- Balsa and plywood construction
- Switch from Radio Control to Control Line and back again in just a few minutes
- Lightweight painted fiberglass cowling
- Easy access magnetic battery hatch
- Excellent scale outline
- Steerable tail wheel
- Covered in genuine UltraCote®
- Optional pilot figures sold separately
During WWII, the PT-19 Cornell was one of the primary training aircraft for the Army Air Corps. The PT-19 had a higher wing loading and higher stall speed than the biplane trainers of that era, which helped pilots prepare for flying even more advanced aircraft.
E-flite’s version of the PT-19 is a low-wing follow-up to their successful Taylorcraft 450 ARF. The PT-19 comes 90% pre-built out of the box, covered with genuine UltraCote, and features a convenient bolt-on tail and large magnetic hatch for access to the battery and radio equipment. Its lightweight yet strong construction yields a great-flying model sure to bring hours of R/C enjoyment to intermediate flyers.
This PT-19, however, includes an added surprise: it can be completed as a control-line model (and converted back to R/C again), with all the convenience of modern brushless Li-Po power! All of the internal hardware required for control line flight is included, including the bellcrank and leadouts. An ESC timer, wooden control handle and control lines (available separately) are all that is required to relive the early days of park flying, when blue-and-yellow trainers were handguided by eager young pilots in search of airborne thrills.
Either way you choose to fly, the nostalgic flying options are yours with the E-flite PT-19.