S.E.5a Slow Flyer 250 Elec ARF
click to enlarge
- Vacuum-molded foam airframe provides great scale look but low weight
- Biplane design with low weight that allows for light wing loading
- Lightweight ARF design for a quick build time
- Semi-scale WWI biplane
- Designed for E-flite Park 250 Outrunner Motor, ideal for indoor foamies
- Factory-painted scale color scheme complete with markings
The S.E.5a was a fast, maneuverable WWI fighter plane. Together with the Sopwith Camel, the S.E.5a was instrumental in regaining allied air superiority in the summer of 1917 and maintaining it for the rest of the war. Twenty-two squadrons of the RFC and the US Air Corps were flying the S.E.5a by the time of the Armistice.
E-flite’s S.E.5a Slow Flyer 250 is an electric, semi-scale version of the famous WWI fighter. A vacuum-molded foam fuselage keeps weight to a minimum while also contributing to the great scale looks of this aircraft. Its biplane design affords low weight as well as substantially reduced wing loading for a more majestic type slow flight, and the ARF design means a shorter build time. Specifically designed for use with an E-flite® Park 250 Brushless Outrunner Motor, the S.E.5a is a fantastic flying foamie with outstanding slow speed characteristics—making it perfect for indoor flight.