3DR IRIS+ RTF Quadcopter w/915MHz Datalink
click to enlarge
- Ready-to-Fly IRIS+ w/Pixhawk flight controller, telemetry & GPS
- FS-TH9X Transmitter with FrSky DJT Telemetry module
- 3DR 915MHz telemetry radio interfaces with Ground Station App
- Micro USB cable
- Android OTG cable
- Set of tall legs for gimbal installation on IRIS+
- Large Capacity 5100mAh 3S battery
- LiPo charger
- Manual and flight checklist
Gimbal and camera are optional. These items are not included.
The 3DR IRIS+ is your aerial passport: all you need to get started shooting photos and video from incredible new perspectives. Powered by 3DR’s world famous autopilot, IRIS+ is a robot that will automatically fly itself where you tell it to go, while keeping a camera dead steady with two-axis gimbal stabilization. And it’s so smart that it’s simple. You can fly manually using the controller or use the advanced 3PV Follow Me mode that turns IRIS+ into your own hands-free camera crew. And our tablet-based software makes flight planning exactly this easy: If you can draw it, you can fly it. The IRIS+ power system gets you 16 minutes of flight time fully loaded, and you’ll want to fill every second. IRIS+ includes the advanced Pixhawk autopilot system, a high-capacity flight battery, battery charger, ground station radio, and remote controller: everything you need to make IRIS+ your personal aerial photographer.
16-22 minutes flight time*
Payload capacity 400 g (.8 lbs)
Integrated LEDs on all arms for trouble-free directional awareness
Remote controller with on-screen telemetry for instant data as you fly
Screw on, self-tightening propellers for easy assembly
Ready to Fly - Inside the IRIS+ box is everything you need to fly. Simply attach the props, charge the battery, and you’re ready to fly manually with the included remote controller autonomously with a Mac, PC or Android device.
Follow Me - 3DR’s 3rd Person View (3PV) Follow Me technology turns your IRIS+ into your own hands-free aerial camera crew that puts you in the middle of your own adventure. IRIS+ can be easily setup to follow any GPS-enabled Android device with OTG compatibility. Not only will IRIS+ follow you, but this advanced technology controls the gimbal to keep the camera centered on you, capturing sweeping cinematic video from a perspective unlike any other.
Automatic Mission Planning - Using the free DroidPlanner app, IRIS+ users can plan flights by simply drawing a flight plan on any Android tablet or phone. This allows for hands free flight control, your drone will go where you tell it to go, with virtually unlimited waypoints - even keep IRIS+ pointing to the same location via a Region of Interest (ROI) waypoint throughout the entire flight. This enables fun autonomous journeys, and automatically stabilized video capture that would be otherwise impossible.
Flight Protection - The IRIS+ can land itself automatically, or return to a home point if it travels out of range or runs out of battery.
*Flight time varies with payload, wind conditions, elevation, temperature, humidity, flying style, and pilot skill. Listed flight time applies to elevations less than 2,000 ft above sea level.
- Ready-to-fly IRIS+ quadcopter
- Flight battery and charger
- Controller and ground station radio
- Set of four tall legs
- Tool kit
- Operation Manual and Flight Checklist
So what makes Iris+ different? Why buy Iris+ over the competition?
- Ability to perform "Follow me" or "Dronie" photos with the addition of OTG capable Android device.
- Ground station app ready out of the box, No additional components need to be purchased or installed.
- Open source, future Proof design makes it so you can grow with the hardware by upgrading the airframe platform. Retain use of the flight controller, telemetry radio and RC controller. Transfer Pixhawk to other vehicle types, airplane, rover.
- Huge online community offers a wealth of knowledge and support independent from the manufacturer.